Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Ikeja Electric has over 600,000 customers who the company is committed to serve with a New Spirit, New Drive and New Energy. This resolve continues to elicit a passion for service excellence and new thinking on how to empower lives and businesses across the IE network.
In order for Ikeja Electric to retain its vision “to be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed” it is important to harness potential talent from an early age to enable them grow and sustain successful careers while also ensuring continuity of the business.
The Ikeja Electric Finance and Audit Trainee Programme seeks to attract young, innovative, vibrant and self-motivated graduates with a view to nurturing their talent through relevant experiences, learning and development opportunities and coaching and mentoring programs that will shape their careers and the future of the organisation .The programme is deliberately designed to :
1. Steer and support the career and capability development of talented recent graduates. It aims to develop a healthy pipeline of young graduates with strong potential to become future business leaders in Ikeja Electric.
2. Provide our Trainees with the opportunity to develop the skills and professional expertise necessary to establish a solid foundation for developing successful careers in Ikeja Electric through an intensive and comprehensive talent management programme.
3. Equip our Trainees with the knowledge, skill set and tools to anticipate and solve complex problems, manage projects, build strong networks, and design creative sustainable solutions to the challenges in the energy industry.
The Finance and Audit Trainee Programme duration is for 18 months. During that time, each Trainee will:
1. Go through a carefully designed and customized training curriculum in specific business, technical, management and personal development areas
2. Undertake job rotations across major business functions to ensure familiarization and deep understanding of business processes and overall strategy.
3. Receive coaching and mentoring as a developmental tool for ongoing professional and personal career guidance.
4. Demonstrate his/her potential and capability by undertaking various projects and delivering regular presentations/recommendations to the management
5. Be expected to write the ICAN/ACCA professional exams and must attain significant milestones in this professional qualification journey within the period.
University degree (B.Sc.) with a minimum of 2nd Class Upper division in Accounting, Economics, Banking & Finance, or Business Administration
Applicants with other university degrees apart from those mentioned above must have completed their professional qualification (ACA/ACCA)
Must have completed NYSC
0-2 years Post NYSC experience.
Maximum age of 26 years as at December 2018.